Friday, December 29, 2006
For my swaps, I had to use 3 different SAB sets (Big Blossom, Happy Harmony and Delight in Life) as well as the Simply Scrappin' Kit "Just Delightful". Of all the swap cards, I found that one to be the most challenging and yet most rewarding, since no two cards came out the same! Here's how they were made (as always, please click on image to enlarge the detail):
1) I used the "Rough Texture" Jumbo wheel in Pretty in Pink over a strip of So Saffron.
2) I adhered the strip to a quarter-sheet of Whisper White, and stamped the small flowers from Fresh Fillers in Pretty in Pink.
3) Using the 12x12 designer paper that came in the kit, I trimmed pieces down to go along the seam.
4) Then it came time to choose from some of the die-cut elements, to add to the cards. These are self-adhesive, so you just peel and place on your card or scrapbook page!
5) Last but not least, I added embellishments like the Soft Subtles brads and/or additional stamping from the SO Very SAB set.
6) Multiply by 30!!! Phew :) It was a bit challenging but I'm pleased with how they came out, and I still have tons from the kit left to play with myself.
These are the 30 cards made with "Happy Harmony", using Brushed Copper, Chococate Chip & Naturals Ivory cardstock, ivory & copper EP, the Word Window Punch and vintage brads. The background is subtle, using the Aida Cloth background stamped in Close to Cocoa and with Chocolate Chip ink sponged around the edges.
Then there were the 30 cards made with "Big Blossom", where I used a Stampin' Write marker and just coloured the edges of the stamp and stamped on the reverse of the pretty Rebecca Designer papers. Cut them out and layered on Regal Rose and Sage Shadow, and used circle punches & clear buttons for the accents. Oh yeah, I also hand drew the stitching using a Sage Shadow marker and the "So Very" set for the word "sweet". Lots of cutting... lots of fun. Thank goodness for the Paper Snips!
Last but not least were the cards made using "Delight in Life". I stamped one of the flower images out in Vintage Violet on Pale Plum cardstock, and cut it out. I layered it over strips of the Enchante paper from the Winter Mini catalogue, layered on Certainly Celery and accented with silver cord. I used a silver brad in the centre of the flower to help anchor it, and stamped the words on Naturals Ivory cardstock using the Vintage Violet again. The background was stamped in Certainly Celery, using the little background detail stamp that came in this set. It's hard to see in the scan, but I coloured in the small flowers using Pale Plum and Certainly Celery. Lots of cutting again, sure, but I liked them!
They've all been sent out to fellow Canadian demonstrator (DiAnne in Nanoose Bay, BC) for swapping, and I'll be getting back my 120 new cards to show you all in time for my big SAB Open House in early January!
I'll look for your name for swaps on the cruise and make sure I go for those ones! Great work!
Kerry in Abbotsford
Very nice Caroline!