Monday, January 01, 2007
Cheesy as it may seem, one of my favourite NY rituals has always been making resolutions. Let me share my Top 10 Stampin' ones with you today:
1. Continue blogging! Now that I've really gotten into the swing of things, it's a really great way for you and I to communicate (beyond my e-newsletters & website). My resolution is to post at least 3-5 times weekly, keep adding awesome samples, host some swaps, and more contests! I need to keep you all on your toes, afterall ;)
2. Enter the monthly Stampin' Up!'s artwork contests, and get a chance to win FREE STAMPS! Each month they give us different themes to work with, and up until now I've just been reluctant to try my hand at it. I'm not sure why -- I used to submit my scrapping layouts to magazines on a regular basis and have been published over 20 times. After 5 years of stamping, I guess it's time to screw my courage up and JUST DO IT!
3. Keep learning about new stamping trends and techniques - and then go about teaching them to you, my stamping buddies & customers.
4. Get caught up on my scrapbooking! Man, I used to be so on top of my albums but as my business has grown in leaps and bounds, my "leisure" time has really decreased. I want to commit to scrapping at least one evening a week to get the kids' albums back up to date.
5. Stamp my studio walls!!! I've been in that space for 3 years now and never done anything about it... Time to get stamping, I say.
6. Participate in at least one Splitcoaststampers colour or sketch challenger each week, and post my work here.
7. Get on top of the birthday card situation!!! I need to find a solution that has me sending them out...and ON TIME. Maybe putting everyone's name into my newly stamped Birthday calendar would be the first step, eh?
8. Stop hoarding things! I find myself collecting new papers, ribbons and accessories and then being scared to use them. If I buy it, I must use it!
9. Make my Christmas cards all year round...so I'm not stuck trying to complete 300 in a 2 week span that's already crammed with other festive things vying for my attention.
10. To get organized and STAY organized! I'm committing to at least 15 minutes a day to clean-up and organize my studio and stamping space.
Okay... there you have them. Don't be shy, why not share at least ONE stamping resolution you have? I'll help you if you help me!
WOW! Il me semble que ça fait BEAUCOUP de résolutions!!!!! Je te souhaite de pouvoir toutes les tenir!
Je vais aussi m'en inspirer! hihihi! (merci!)
Merci d'entretenir ton blog si souvent depuis quelques jours, ça fait du bien!
En espérant te rencontrer un jour en personne!!!
Marika, fière d'être dans ta lignée chez Stampin'Up!
My other goal is to integrate my other love - beading - to my cards and creations.
Check in with me in June and see how I have done - here's hoping well.
Amy a happy SU club member