Friday, April 27, 2007
I've had numerous gals tag me (Kathy, Jen, Alli, Alison, Stacy...) so I'll interrupt my cruise postings to play along.
Here are my "7 things about me so you can get to know me better":
1) I was born in Montreal but my parents moved to Ontario in 1970 when I was just 9 months old. Freakishly, an Air Canada DC-8 jet, en route from Montreal went down north of the Toronto airport, killing all 109 people aboard. This happened around the day we arrived (the day after? before?) and so many of my extended family initially freaked out thinking we were on it.
2) I have an unhealthy love affair with potatoes. I don't think I've ever met a potato dish I haven't liked, but carbs are the devil as far as my blood sugar issues are concerned and so I must exercise extreme restraint (sniff sniff).
3) My hubby and I started dating when we were 24 & 25, but found out that we had actually met back when we were 16 & 17. Neither of us had any memory of it, but it turned out our mothers went to adult University classes and had tried to set up when we were teens. Not.
5) We went out in drag together for Halloween one year -- he made an alarmingly tall & pretty woman! Some unsuspecting guy asked him to dance but when Brent stood up to his 6'2" height, the poor guy realized his mistake (ha!)
4) I studied ECE (Early Childhood Education) in college way back in the day, and it really solidified my love of teaching & being with kids. I didn't pursue it as a career when I fell into corporate life accidentally, but I have some of the best memories of those days.
5) I have 2 tattoos that remind me of my wild & crazy young adulthood. I also used to have my nose pierced (twice!) -- and used to love when my camp kids would come up and ask me how I got my boogers out (LOL).
6) I went to Europe with my parents when I was 11 years old for 3 weeks, and fell in love with Venice. I dream of taking my hubby there one day for a romantic getaway.
7) I have lived with anxiety disorder since my teen years and so sometimes I quietly freak out before having to do events & stuff. In my insanity, I've gone and accepted an invitation to teach a class on recruiting at Stampin' Up!'s annual Convention this year (am I nuts?? yup) so if you are attending Second session and see a jibbering mess curled up in a fetal picture on the floor somewhere, do NOT poke me or take pictures!!! :P
Who to tag next? Hmmmm.... got to find gals who have NOT already been tagged this past week:
Okay, enough computer time for today. I still need to finish prepping for tonight's Cruise Share and then tomorrow's 10 card camp -- wish me luck! :) I'm going to CASE some of the fabulous cards I got back as swaps so if you want more info on attending, visit my Demonstrator Business website HERE for details.