Friday, June 01, 2007
Explosion boxes are super-easy and tons of fun... a couple of quick scores and folds and you're basically done. I like making them with Stampin' Up!'s double-sided patterned paper because they're just that much faster to make if I don't have to stamp them myself! LOL ... I'm such a cheater.
Anyhow, if you ever want to make a cute little box for candies or another small item, look no further - and let me show you how to make them.
Step 1: Let's start with the lid!
- Start with a 3.5” x 3.5” piece of Patterned Paper.
- Score a line at the 3/8” mark on all sides. Cut up along the score line once per each of the four corners to create tabs (the bold black lines on lid diagram indicate where to cut).
- Fold along score lines to form lid. Secure tabs to the inside of the lid with adhesive.
Step 2 - The BOX!
- Cut your patterned paper down to 5.5" x 5.5". Score at the 1.5" mark on all 4 sides.
- Score all 4 corners so that it's on the diagonal (see diagram above).
Step 3 - Trim corners.
Step 3: Putting it all together
- Fold in on score lines to create box shape. There's no need to add adhesive to hold together.. the lid will keep the box in place.
TA-DA... you're done! Decorate with ribbon (you could even stamp up a cute tag to go with it) and you're done. And if you're crazy like me, you'll make 50 or so of them to swap out at your local stamping event (groan)
Later today I'll post the projects that were done at the recent Palette O' Prints classes but in the meantime I'll be getting tomorrow's "Card of the Week" email prepared. If you aren't already registered to receive it, please feel free to sign up (on the left) to have it sent to you!