Wednesday, October 03, 2007
- The exchange of handmade greeting cards can be traced back as far as the ancient Chinese
- Today, card making is a worldwide hobby, especially popular in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- 1 in 6 U.S. households participates making cards
- 86% of scrapbookers also create handmade cards
- 92% of paper crafters create cards more than any other type of project
- The top occasions/themes for making cards are Birthdays, winter holidays (Christmas, New Year’s, etc.), thank you, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day
- Card makers prefer stamps and rub-ons for use on their holiday handmade cards
Here are 3 of the 4 cards we are doing for the Stamp-A-Stack that morning (10am-12pm). I'd show you all 4, but we need to keep one as a surprise for my sweetie customers, don't I?
ETA: Here are the original artists I CASE'd these ideas/layouts from:
1 - Danelle Henry
2 - Deb Valder
3 - Lisa Freeman
Class details & RSVP info can be found HERE. Even if I don't get a chance to see you this weekend, hopefully you'll get a little bit of cardmaking in yourself!