Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Here are the instructions for this card, highlighting the use of wheels.
1. Fold Basic Gray cardstock in half to create cardbase.
2. Ink up the “Friendly Words” Jumbo wheel in Basic Gray ink. Roll the wheel across the folded card repeatedly, until the whole front is covered, being sure to re-ink the wheel each time. TIP: Be sure you have oriented the words on the wheel in the right direction before you begin rolling!
3. Ink up the “Stems & Silhouettes” Jumbo wheel in Rose Red ink. Roll the wheel downwards on the Rose Red piece, so that the pattern goes up/down and not side-to-side.
4. Cut both a 6” length and a 3” length of white grosgrain ribbon and tie the smaller piece in a knot along the other longer piece. Slide the knot to the right side, and adhere the ribbon to the Rose Red piece and then mount on card.
5. Ink up solid flower image with the brush edge of your markers, using the Regal Rose as the base colour and the Rose Red as the accent colour in the centre of the flower – stamp on Shimmer White piece. Use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to over-stamp the outline image in Basic Gray.
6. Use sponge dauber to add Rose Red ink to the edges before adhering to the Old Olive layer. Use the distressing tool along the 4 edges before mounting on cardfront using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Use mini-glue dot to add ½ back pearl from the Pretties Kit to centre of flower.
7. Stamp sentiment of your choice and stem in Old Olive ink on the large Whisper White piece. Adhere to Rose Red layer and mount inside card.
8. Ink up jumbo wheel and decorate your envelope to complete the project!