Thursday, March 05, 2009
Earlier this week, I showcased some projects using the Sizzix Scallop Envelope die. I promised that my Club gals would be making something fun with it, so here it is: a cute little box using more Sale-A-Bration goodies (the Ribbon bundle and the Polka Dot Punches set).
1. Die-cut 4 scallop envelopes shapes with the Big Shot from So Saffron cardstock. Use the 1/8” hole punch to punch out mini-holes along the borders.
2. Fold in the sides of two of the envelopes and adhere the side flaps together to form one corner of the box. Continue adding pieces until you have all 4 pieces formed together into a box shape. Fold in the bottom, one on top of the other. Tuck the last end under and it will hold nicely. Add a little adhesive to each tab to secure them down; you can do same with the long tabs along the inside of the box. Adhere the square piece of SAB - Delicate Dots Designer paper to the inside bottom.
3. Adhere the small 2” piece of striped SAB - Delicate Dots Designer paper to the centre of one of the sides, stripes running up/down. This side will be designated the front of your box. Now adhere the 12” length of Designer Paper all around so that it makes its way around the box and re-connects, giving the appearance of a seamless strip.
4. Start running an 11” length of the SAB - Celery Twill Ribbon around the edges of the outer box, just under the scalloped flaps, starting from the right-side of the “front” of your box. The ribbon should reach back around to the front. Adhere the scalloped flap down.
5. Die-cut a small scallop circle using the Big Shot and Certainly Celery cardstock. Use 1/8 circle punch to add mini-circles to scallops. Stamp image from "Polka Dot Punches" SAB set in Certainly Celery ink on the scrap Whisper White piece. Punch out with 1 ¼” circle punch, and punch out 1 3/8” circle from the Bashful Blue scraps. Adhere the 3 pieces together and add a Soft Subtle brad to the centre. Mount this over folded flap to finish!