Thursday, October 08, 2009
Here is another Stampers Club project I'm making with my gals this month -- I thought I would share the step-by-step instructions with my blog readers as well :)
If you think you'd enjoy making fun projects with this Sweet Centres set, sign up for my class on Friday November 27th where we'll make even more!
1. Fold Dusty Durango cardstock in half to create cardbase. Stamp “trick or treat” sentiment and small jack-o-lantern image over the front of the card in same colour ink.
2. Using the base piece of the “Movers & Shapers” die, position large circle piece from the Holiday Windows Magnetic Movers & Shapers where you want it to be on the card. Open your card back up and position it in place, being sure to lay the stamped area over the circle. Punch out circle, and put aside for use afterwards. Peel protective coating off the Sweet Treats cup adhesive and position it in place over the punched-out hole area.
3. On Whisper White cardstock, stamp square Halloween image in Rich Razzleberry ink. Trim edges so that only a small Whisper White border remains and use your 1 ¾” circle punch to punch out stamped centre piece. Save punched out circle image to use for inner tag later.
4. Adhere this to the Rich Razzleberry layer and once again punch out centre piece. This square image should now be able to nest on top of the cup – but don’t glue it down yet!
5. Opening card up, fill treat container with Smarties. (To my American friends, these are NOT the nasty candies you guys call Smarties; these are candy-covered chocolate like M&M's... only better!) Adhere the small Dusty Durango strip across the inside of your card, putting adhesive along the 2 sides, allowing for the bottom 1/3 – ½ of the cup to be exposed. This is so that your candies can come out after!
6. Adhere your 2 previously punched-out circle pieces together and place at the bottom of the Rich Razzleberry strip. Tuck this tab in behind the Dusty Durango piece to help keep the candy from coming out until later!
7. Cut a 6” length of White Satin ribbon. Adhere this so that it covers the seam of the Dusty Durango piece at the back and wraps around to the front. On the front of the card, adhere the stamped Razzleberry piece over the candy treat cup and satin ribbon sides to complete!
Labels: Stampers Club
Cute card though. Thanks for the directions! I was playing with these cups today for the first time and they can be a pain! Your directions will be perfect for the project we were doing.